Twelfth Judicial District Court
Any person entering a New Mexico courthouse or judicial building must wear a protective face covering and have his or her temperature checked. Anyone will be denied entrance to the court if:
- They refuse to wear a face covering.
- They have been asked to self-quarantine by the Department of Health because of COVID-19 and are still within the quarantine period.
- They have been diagnosed by a doctor with COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
- They have received a positive test for COVID-19 within the past 14 days from a testing center or by the Department of Health.
- They have been in contact with anyone who has COVID-19, or with someone who is required to self-quarantine by the Department of Health.
- They have developed a fever of 100.4 degrees or higher, chills, sore throat, body aches, headaches, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing or a dry cough within the past 14 days.
- They have recently developed a loss of taste or smell.
- Unless they are a court participant in a court proceeding (i.e., party, juror, etc.) if they left New Mexico or traveled to New Mexico from a location outside the State or the United States.
Click Here to Pay a Magistrate Court Fines or Fees: https://publicaccess.nmcourts.gov
Except for jury trials, all hearings will be held remotely unless otherwise ordered by the Court. The Court is using Google Meet to conduct video and telephonic hearings. Hearing notices will have the URL video link and a call-in number. If you do not have the ability to attend by video or by phone, the courts have remote access services available at each of its locations. Please contact the court before your hearing if you need remote access service.
During the COVID-19 public health emergency, self-represented litigants may email or fax filings to the district and magistrate courts. Filing by email or fax will also be permitted by attorneys in those case types that are not eligible for electronic filing during this time. Email and fax numbers are as follows:
- Otero County email:
- Otero County fax: (575) 812-5090
- Lincoln County email:
- Lincoln County fax: (575) 648-2581
- Otero County email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Otero County fax: (575) 439-1365
- Lincoln County – Carrizozo email: email@example.com
- Lincoln County – Carrizozo fax: (575) 648-2695
- Lincoln County – Ruidoso email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lincoln County – Ruidoso fax: (575) 378-8508